If you have a WLAN adapter that supports U-APSD, you may have noticed you are having performance issues or latency spikes when playing games or pinging IP-addresses.
Now I confirmed these latency spikes by pinging my access point or gateway 100 times (see screenshot in red).
Now you can fix this by:
- Right-click the start orb in the bottom left corner.
- Open ‘Device Manager’.
- Right-click the ‘Intel Dual Band Wireles-AC 7260’.
- Choose ‘Properties’.
- Disable ‘U-APSD’.
- And click ‘Ok’.
After that you can test again in command prompt if this worked by typing:
‘ping -n 100 192.168.1.1’
Or ping the IP from Google:
‘ping -n 100 184.108.40.206’
The most important thing is that your ping shouldn’t fluctuate as shown in red in the screenshot above. It should be more stable as shown in blue.
Affected WLAN adapters:
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
Other WLAN adapters that have U-APSD enabled by default may be affected as well.