With the Next Lock Screen, Microsoft offers an own lock screen app for Android that has been developed by the so-called “Microsoft Garage” team. According to their website, they’re “a community of interns, employees, and teams from everywhere in the company who come together to turn our wild ideas into real projects“.
In contrast to other lock screen apps, the Next Lock Screen is “a time saver lock screen built for busy people” that allows you to see your calendar, missed calls, messages and other information at a glance. In addition, you’re able to start the most used apps based on your location directly from the lock screen.
The app version 1.3.9664 that has been published some days ago adds the following new features:
- The lock screen shows weather information for your location
- The performance has been improved
- You can select your home wallpaper as the lock wallpaper
- You’re now able to hide the system status bar to use the entire display for the lock screen
- The integration with the default device lock on Samsung devices running Kitkat has been further improved
I use the lock screen for some days now on my Android device and I’d really like to see similar features for the Windows Phone lockscreen.
Do you use the Next Lock Screen on your Android device? What experience did you made? Feel free to comment below.