The ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14 which is currently released will also be available with Broadwell CPU option soon.
Graphics Card Options:
- Intel HD Graphics HD4400 (Haswell)
- Intel HD Graphics HD5500 (Broadwell) – 20% faster than the HD4400
- Nvidia Geforce GT840M 2GB (Maxwell GM108)
The dedicated Nvidia graphics card requires a 65W AC adapter.
- Intel Core i3-5010U (Base 2.1GHz)
- Intel Core i5-4210U (Base 1.7GHz – Turbo 2.7GHz)
- Intel Core i5-5200U (Base 2.2GHz – Turbo 2.7GHz)
- Intel Core i7-4510U (Base 2.0GHz – Turbo 3.1GHz)
- Intel Core i7-5500U (Base 2.4GHz – Turbo 3.0GHz)
- SSHD – 500GB – 5400RPM
- HDD – 500GB – 7200RPM
- HDD – 500GB – 5400RPM
- HDD – 1TB – 5400RPM
- SSD – 128GB
- SSD – 256GB
- SSD – 512GB
- SSD (NGFF 2242) – 16GB (cache)
RAM configuration options (RAM is not soldered):
There is only one RAM slot. Memory will run in single channel mode. But this should not affect the overall system performance.
Two TouchPads to choose from:
The ToucPad is part of the palmrest:
- 3+2 palmrest (classic TouchPad style with physical TrackPoint buttons)
- standard palmrest (clickpad)
There are still versions of the palmrests with or without a fingerprint reader.
Also worth mentioning:
It is also worth mentioning that we will have ThinkLight on the ThinkPad S3 Yoga! The ThinkPad community expressed their concerns with the missing ThinkLight on the Haswell generation of ThinkPads and they wanted to see the backlit keyboard gone in favor of the ThinkLight.
Lenovo decided to reduce the number of different keyboard configurations by only producing backlit keyboards. So this makes it possible to have both a backlit keyboard with ThinkLight.
If you don’t know what ThinkLight is, it is a LED lamp next to the webcam which is pointed at your keyboard (a built-in flash light). You can use it for reading documents in dark places.
- Removeable RAM (single slot)
- Backlit keyboard only
- Optional dedicated graphics card
- The return of physical touchpad buttons (clickpads are also still available)
- Plenty of storage options
- NGFF 2242 SSD is upgradeable to a 256GB SSD if you buy the SSD elsewhere.
- Max 8GB RAM (single channel) – Unless Broadwell-U supports 16GB SODIMMs down the road (but not official until Lenovo tested the 16 gigs SODIMM).