As the first models of the T/X/W/L/Ex5x generation, E455 and E555 did hit the market not long ago. E455 is already available in China and E555 is already orderable here in Germany (will be available in late October).
A short overview over the specs and some details:
- Up to AMD A10 FX-7500 Quad-Core
- Up to AMD Radeon R7-M260
- Up to 16 GB of memory (2 DIMM slots)
- Up to Full HD (1920×1080) 14″ and 15.6″ TN screens
- SSHD´s as standard (like with the Haswell refresh Intel ThinkPads)
- Precision keyboard without numpad (E455) and with numpad (E555)
- 5 button Clickpad
- DVD burner in the E555
- Internal 48 Wh battery (E455)
- OneLink Docking
They are low-end and AMD of course, but it is exciting to see that the x5x models finally are coming to the market!