The successor to the ThinkPad Helix is coming! And it will feature dedicated buttons for the TrackPad. This is very good news!
The ThinkPad Helix 2 will feature a Broadwell Core M CPU. It will be a fanless design unlike its predecessor which had a fan inside the tablet and on the keyboard dock. But they tended to be a bit noisy as I pointed out in the review of the ThinkPad Helix earlier.
Here are some of the specifications:
||Intel Core M (Broadwell) – (up to 2.6 GHz)
||Yes, with digitizer pen
- Tablet: 8 hours (+33.3% improvement compared to 1st gen ThinkPad Helix)
- With Ultrabook Pro keyboard dock: 12 hours (+20% improvement compared to 1st gen ThinkPad Helix)
||0.38 inches thick (9.65mm)
||1.76 pounds (0.8kg)
- Standard Ultrabook keyboard dock: Digitizer pen can be stored inside the docking station.
- Ultrabook Pro keyboard dock: Digitizer pen is attached to the dock with a clip, but the clip can be detached.
- Desktop dock (similar to ThinkPad 10)
||Starting at 999 USD