When you close the lid of your newly shipped ThinkPad and IdeaPad or laptop in general, it would go into sleep, much like an Apple laptops. While with Apple laptop you can’t switch off this feature from within the OSX (i.e. have to use Insomnia), this is not the case with the Windows laptop, so i am going to show you how.
1. Get into your CONTROL PANEL, which you can do by either
- Pressing on the Start Button -> Control Panel
- Pressing Windows key (between alt & ctrl button) + E at the same time, which opens Computer Panel window, where there is a shortcut for ‘Open Control Panel’.
2. When you are in the CONTROL PANEL, go into POWER OPTIONS.
3. Select the ‘Choose what closing the lid does’ option in the left part of the panel of options.
4. Now choose ‘Do Nothing’ from the ‘When i close the lid’ drop down list.
5. Click ‘Save Changes’
6. Now you can use the laptop normally even when the LCD is closed.